FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL
WHAT IS FTP?
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Secure File Transfer Protocol (sFTP) is the transfer of data from one computer to another over the internet. Each member has their own secure folder in which to transfer their data. FTP members are restricted from accessing another member’s FTP folder by use of unique accounts.
ADVANTAGES OF FTP
- Speed and security of data transfer without the risk of spam filters
- Increased file size for ease of data transfer
- Seamless connection from your Information Systems (IS) Department to ours
HOW IT WORKS
- NACM Tampa provides each member with their own secure folder, accessed by a unique member account
- Members download the FTP software to their desktop and login using the unique login information that they have received via email
- Once the software is downloaded, members set up their profile accordingly
No IS Department? No problem.
Create a file on your own desktop and we can provide a link to the software to make the FTP transition simple and painless.
Contact information for individuals from your IS Department or any further questions or inquiries regarding FTP should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org